Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Muscat
Situated in a prime beachfront location, Mandarin Oriental, Muscat is a chic urban resort that offers 150 stylishly appointed guestrooms and suites, five restaurants and bars, a lush Spa at Mandarin Oriental, and an outdoor swimming pool. The hotel features a one-of-a-kind ballroom boasting spectacular views of the Arabian Sea as well as a variety of banquet and meeting spaces to accommodate social and business events.
For those seeking a luxury living experience in one of Muscat’s most desirable districts, an exclusive collection of 155 Residences at Mandarin Oriental combines the Group’s legendary service, world-class amenities and sweeping sea or mountain views.
- Assisting the Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance in order to ensure that all of the accounting colleagues understands and follows the applicable policies and procedures that are outlined in the company’s accounting policies & procedures manual.
- Monitoring and supervising the accounting department’s daily routines to ensure smooth, effective, and efficient daily work practices.
- Preparing and supervising the account reconciliation’s, account analysis, and closing procedures at month end.
- Verifying the accuracy and timeliness of all night audit/ hotel revenue transactions and monitoring adherence to established procedures. Also, the Chief Accountant is responsible for the accuracy of all internal reporting.
- Supervising the filling and maintenance of all accounting related documents and records in accordance with the document retention policy.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of municipality fees and licenses reporting and payment.
- Verifying daily bank balances through review of the bank statements for all bank transactions and prepare the bank reconciliations to be submitted to the Assistant Director of Finance and Director of Finance for approval.
- Verifying the accuracy of the general cashier report and revenue receipts are daily deposited into the bank by the general cashier.
- Conducting a productive monthly departmental meeting together with Assistant Director of Finance to communicate pertinent departmental, hotel and company information.