Manama, Middle East and North Africa, BH
- The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
- We work in two ways directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a highquality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
- These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 201920 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
- To support the Senior Marketing Manager, English in the development and implementation of the cluster/country marketing strategy and plans for English, ensuring alignment to the regional and global marketing strategy and brand, and to work in partnership with the English SBU to ensure that marketing programmes enable required business targets
Strategy and Planning
- Supports the Senior Marketing Manager, English to develop and execute marketing plans for English in the cluster/country, ensuring they drive and support the regional strategic objectives for the British Council in a flexible, costeffective way.
- Plans and executes go to market plans for English across the cluster/country, agreeing the programmes, delivery mechanisms, budgets and resources.
- Develops and executes campaigns to support a variety of routes to market and maximise impact and share of voice.
- Deploys the British Council brand architecture in line with brand management standards across the cluster.
- Ensures that clear and consistent marketing processes are deployed for English aligned to agreed global marketing processes.
- Monitors and reports on agreed marketing KPIs for English in the cluster.
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving
- Applies professional marketing expertise to develop and enhance English marketing strategies, plans and approaches.
- Applies core technical and professional knowledge to identify and assess current state of English marketing, suggests opportunities for improvement and design and supports the development of new or improved practice to drive business growth and reduce duplication of activities and expenditure.
- Presents information clearly supported as needed to tailor the presentation of findings to meet the differing needs of stakeholders in the cluster.
- Supports others in understanding of the cluster context, opportunities and challenges for English marketing functions and teams.
- Makes appropriate linkages to issues in the cluster, English and region, to help ensure that the development of cluster English marketing strategies and plans is based on informed business insight and joinedup thinking.
- Proactively seeks internal customer and other feedback to monitor satisfaction with the provision of marketing services for English in the cluster and specialist advice and support, enabling improvements to be made where issues are identified.
- Supports the implementation of new English marketing approaches and/or techniques which enhance efficiency and wider business impact, ensuring alignment across the cluster and to the regional English marketing strategy.
- Drives a clear focus on audiences and market segmentation.
- Explains to customers and colleagues the need for compliance with agreed marketing policies and processes and produces reports at country level to demonstrate compliance as needed.
- Champions the deployment of the British Council brand architecture, monitors compliance, and manages interventions to address and resolve noncompliance.
- Provides proactive professional advice and support to colleagues to ensure local English specific requirements are compliant with marketing policy, process and governance.
- Ensure the development of high quality and effective English marketing plans and solutions using and sharing their marketing expertise.
- Proactively pursues an annual cycle of formally recognised Continuing Professional Development to maintain and deepen their professiona