Launched in Bahrain in November of 2019, Calo is on a mission to make healthy easy.
We’re a team of dedicated people driving this mission by providing better, faster, and cheaper ways to access food through technology.
To function as a Commis Chef for the Calo Kitchen, to work along the Chef De Partie with tasks related to meal preparation, maintenance, logistics, safety and sanitation.
Success in this role will be determined by your ability to support the kitchen’s efficiency and safety without compromising the quality of the meals produced for our customers.
- Monitors kitchen equipment and reports issues to superiors
- Continually develops culinary knowledge to produce highquality meals
- Measures, mixes, and prepares meal ingredients, sauces, and seasonings
- Assesses inventory and requests resupply when necessary
- Plates meal items under the chef de partie’s supervision
- Disposes spoiled items and adheres to sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers
- Produce highquality plates both design and tastewise
- Must have 3 years of experience as a commis chef or similar role within the hospitality and catering industry
- Must be currently present in Bahrain
- Must be a proficient communicator in English
- Good understanding of food, health, and safety regulations
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing facility experience is a plus3Uq2CkpE7j