Commis chefs are novice chefs who work under chef de parties in commercial kitchens to expand their culinary knowledge and skills. They perform various kitchen duties, such as assisting chef de parties in meal preparations, receiving deliveries, and rotating stock.
- Accurately measuring meal ingredients for the Chef de Partie.
- Preparing meal ingredients, which includes seasoning of different meats as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables and fruits.
- Preparing basic salads and sauces as directed by the Chef de Partie.
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Taking inventory of restaurant supplies and notifying the supervisor of low or depleted supplies.
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Performing basic cleaning duties and ensuring that workstations are properly sanitized.
- Plating and presenting meal items as per the Chef de Partie’s instructions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate’s degree, diploma, or certification in culinary arts is advantageous.
- A food handler’s license.
- Proven commercial kitchen experience.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
BD10.000 – BD15.000 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manama: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (required)