Has responsibility for planning day-to-day vessel operations for a
cluster of services. Drives improved operational efficiency in order
to ensure the lowest costs.
- Assist in managerial duties in connection with the marine department, ensuring safe and costefficient services are provided to all customers.
- Assist HBM to ensure the enforcement of port rules and regulations on all port users.
- Assist in the management of key vendor who provide marine services.
- Ensure the daily performance of the vendor is maintained.
- Work closely with port customers ie shipping agents, government regulatory agencies to accommodate and satisfy their requirements.
- Work closely with HSSE to ensure port safety requirement is observed.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports on vessel movements and general department activities.
- Monitor the accuracy of the daily vessel’s movement & vessels finance report. Ascertain vessel’s database records are maintained.
- Assist HBM in the updates of port procedures and marine management system.
- Assist HBM to contribute to the continuous improvement process to meeting department & company business objective.
- Performs other related assignment as required by HBM.
- Observe provisions of the labour regulations, relevant HSSE policy & procedures, terminal rules & procedures and contribute to the continual improvement process.
- Develop self and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.