Detachment Engineer -OCONUS-Bahrain
_This Position is Contingent upon Contract Award_
- Valkyrie Enterprises has an immediate need for
Detachment Engineer who will provide key support to the Engineering Department.
- Responsible for tracking execution of Baseline Availability Work Packages (BAWPs), coordinating execution of Mandatory Technical Requirements with Regional Maintenance Center Project Managers and Assessment Directors.
- Primary interface with TYCOM Port Engineer in support of Availability Work Package planning for assigned ships.
- Plan and implement actions by the project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project/program products and services.
- Must have a BA/BS in Business, Engineering, or Arts or related field _or_ equivalent experience and at least 7 years of program or project management experience.
- Must have experience managing depot level U.S. Navy surface ship maintenance planning functions or direct experience related to U.S. Navy surface ship operations or maintenance planning and execution.
- Must be able to work independently and live outside of the United States for extended periods of time.
- Prefer at least 5 years of experience in U.S. Navy ship depot level maintenance planning functions or at least 7 years progressive direct experience related to U.S. Navy surface ship operations or maintenance planning and execution.
- Preferred experience includes management or supervisory roles at a Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Repair, and Conversion command, Regional Maintenance Center, U.S. Navy Central Planning Activity, U.S. Navy Planning Yard Activity, or a Planning for Engineering and Repair Activity.
- Experience as a Naval Supervising Authority Project Manager or a U.S. Navy Port Engineer is also preferred.
- Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to maintain a clearance.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 10%
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
Valkyrie Enterprises, and its family of companies, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.- Additionally, Valkyrie Enterprises provides a variety of benefits to support your best health, wellness, and future, to include medical/dental/vision options, company paid life and disability insurances, 401k with match, education reimbursement, as well as company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).