Job Number 23181112
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain, Building 173, Road 2803, Manama, Bahrain, Bahrain VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Supports all aspects of the pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep, cleanliness and the operation of cabana units. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Reinforces appropriate culture to provide service to guests. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Position works with direct reports to implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while meeting financial goals.
Education and Experience
- 5 years experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
- University Degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; Hospitality Industry Certifications.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Recreation Operations
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all daytoday operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of jobrelevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Manages outside vendors including water sports and scuba.
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Develops and manages the children’s program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
- Manages group activities including sand painting, bon fires, and team building events.
- Manages pool and beach areas, including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Oversees all Human Resources activities in the Recreation Department.
- Oversees employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results, and ensures corrective action is taken when needed.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
- Coordinates all training activities for employees in department.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Communicates expectations and performance objectives to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, peoplefirst culture. We are committed to nondiscrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law._
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them.
Attracting the world’s top hospitality professionals who curate lifelong memories, we believe that everyone succeeds when they are empowered to be creative, thoughtful and compassionate.
Every day, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over and pride ourselves on delivering excellence in the care and comfort of our guests.
Your role will be to ensure that the “Gold Standards” of The Ritz-Carlton are delivered graciously and thoughtfully every day.
The Gold Standards are the foundation of The Ritz-Carlton and are what guides us each day to be better than the next.
It is this foundation and our belief that our culture drives success by which The Ritz Carlton has earned the reputation as a global brand leader in luxury hospitality. As part