Assist to ensure proper accounting of banking transations, fixed asset register, control of payments to brokers and reconciliation of accounts etc. Assist in financial reporting as per present and/or upcoming IFRS17 Standards
- Issuance of cheques, petty cash payments and processing bank advices for receipts/payments.
- Prepare letters for bank transfers/drafts.
- Work out commission payable to assigned brokers and followup for collection of premium due from clients through them.
- Check departmental summaries with accounting records in respect of premium and claims.
- Assist in passing periodic closing and adjustment entries and ensure prompt availability of all internal computer related reports.
- Assist with preparation of monthly/quarterly reports to the other branch.
- Assist the head of department in preparation of quarterly closing schedules.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors and provide accurate information.
- Assist in Financial reporting and submissions required as per updated accounting standards.
- Assists in any other capacity in the Accounts Dept. as directed by the Management.
Qualifications and experience required
- Must be a University Graduate with professional Accounting certification ACCA or similar preferably
- Min. 6 years’ experience in Accounts department
- Knowledge of MS Excel essential
- Good Knowledge of Arabic and English languages.
– finance in an insurance industry: 6 years (required)