TThe General Accountant will support all activities performed by the Accounting Supervisor, to include but not limited to, understanding financial performance, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and month-end closing activities, reviewing monthly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Uniform System of Accounts and Hilton policies and procedures.
The role will ensure a smooth operation of all hotel finance activities in full compliance with the policy, regulatory and contractual framework. In absence of the Accounting Supervisor, the General Accountant will assume responsibilities. The role will participation in all relevant Finance training and development programs.
What are we looking for?
- Manage and maintain the books of the hotel on a daily basis
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all transactions to the various accounts and ensure that they are properly recorded in the books on a timely basis and in the correct period.
- Ensure that all balance sheet transactions are accounted for, documentedand properly and timely reconciled
- Fully conversant with the Hilton standard chart of accounts and the correct use the same
- Ensure that the accounting records comply with local laws and regulations and Hilton Policies and procedures
- Ensure the monthend closing process is completed and the timely preparation of all required financial reports for review by the Hotel Finance lead
- Ensure the accurate and prompt monthend and yearend closing of the books of account
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports and schedules as directed, required by management and owners
- Assist and coordinate the internal and external audit process
- Assist in ensuring compliance with legal and taxation legislation
- Familiar and kept up to date with all policies of both hotels and Hilton insofar as finance are involved
- Handson and take an active role in daily activities within the department, ensuring that all work is up to date and assists team members where and when required
- Create a pleasant working environment, ensure productive and efficient work practices within the Finance team
- Ensure that all internal applicable accounting control procedures are strictly adhered to and communicate any perceived weakness to the Finance Lead
- Perform additional tasks assigned
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its.
Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all