We are looking for an Junior Investment Analyst to assist our investment decision-making processes by performing research and analysis in various asset classes and industries.
The role will provide a steep learning curve in the field of investment management and will work closely with the Investment Advisor and Investment Analyst.
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data for any company, covering trading or quarterly update, analyzing financial statements, data interpretation
- Basic analysis of key macro events and their impact on the economy and public markets.
- Capturing daily market pulse, events due, sectors/stocks trending
- Daily tracking/monitoring of stock prices and come up with investment thesis for buying, selling any stock or bond.
- Timely update regarding any positive or negative news, management commentary, analyst coverage about company which could impact the forward earnings.
- Prepare minutes of meetings and circulate the same timely.
- Timely Portfolio reporting and assist in administrative work as and when needed including meeting schedule. Prompt communication and quick turnaround time is preferred.
- Assist in the due diligence and evaluation of private investments and investment funds.
- Assist in the periodic reporting of the macroeconomic environment, portfolio performance, and strategic opportunities.
- Attend earnings calls and assist the review of quarterly earnings publications.
Skills and Qualifications
- Awareness of global markets and have a strong understanding of different asset classes, i.e. equities, fixed income, bonds, private equity, real estate, funds and derivatives
- Exceptional Excel skills with experience using advanced Excel functions, e.g. vlookup, index match, offset
- Experience of making research reports and valuation models with attention for detail and accuracy.
- Financial markets research experience using company websites, google or public source, paid databases.
- Confidence in researching opportunities and recommendations, and tactfully use your findings to add value to investment suggestions
- The ability to write investment recommendations and present analysis to the team, demonstrating excellent command of the English language (verbal/nonverbal)
- A master’s degree in business or finance, or a bachelor’s degree with at least 12 years’ experience in equity research, investment banking, corporate finance, or credit ratings
- Progression towards a CFA qualification would be a bonus
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
– investment analysis: 1 year (preferred)
Application Deadline: 08/03/2023