The Field Services Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives.
The Lead Field Service Engineer performes the following roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct chemical analysis at the lab on a daily basis.
- Compare the test results against chemical treatment program guidelines.
- Realize the sampling and the analytical monitoring required as part of the monitoring plan.
- Maintain the client’s technical file uptodate using a dedicated online platform.
- Follow stock levels and ensure orders are timely.
- Review the chemical injection rates of all production chemicals under this contract.
- Ensure lines of communication to the company’s site manager are maintained to successfully deliver the Contract Scope.
- Work with onsite company team to identify necessary spares and consumables stocking and ordering schedule.
- Comply with Veolia & customer EHS requirements.
- Comply with Veolia & customer ethics policies & local law.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Chemistry.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in water chemical treatment (Desalination, RO, Boiler, Cooling & Waste Water) and Refinery chemical process treatment (Desalter, CDU, Amine unit, preheat exchanger, tank farm additives, etc…).
- Customer service experience.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen- results oriented.
Skills & abilities:
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Arabic is a plus.
- Strong communications skills (written, verbal, and listening).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a real team player.
- Selfinitiative and motivation with the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.