– Master’s degree
Rules and Responsibilities:
The lecturer shall report to the relevant Head of Department.
The Lecturer shall fulfill individual responsibilities as set out by the Head of Department/Dean of College, and shall be responsible for the following activities:
Teaching and Learning
– teach specified credit hours/week as per HEC regulations. This may be reduced in proportion to the increase in management duties.
– administer curriculum design and development to teach a variety of courses (including new programs and courses) at different levels.
– assist in development of the quality assurance framework in college level validating or revalidating courses.
deliver knowledge with applied skills, methods, and methodologies.
– inspire continuous improvement of creative methods in designing and delivering courses to ensure compliance of teaching design and delivery with the quality framework and regulatory authorities.
– inspire critical system thinking and enhance students’ ability of engagement in analytical conversation.
– participate in developing and implementing the University’s research strategy.
– participate in research activity in specialized field that includes relevant research proposal and objectives.
– participate in collaborative research.
– write or make contribution to publications or disseminate research findings.
– present paper(s) at conferences.
– carry out independent research.
– contribute to peer assessment for research as required.
– define resource needs within the area of responsibility.
– act on college strategic decisions in relation to staff and students.
– develop innovative ways for both teaching and research.
– develop and introduce solutions to problems.
– participate in community engagement activities at Department/College and University levels.
– take role in management duties (as need arises) such as: Head of Center/Unit in the University and Chair of Committees on both College and University levels
4.1 In principle, the Lecturer is an academic of high professional reputation. Assistant Professor’s qualifications include the following as stated in the Academic Regulations of the Higher Education Council (HEC Decisions No.
– holds a master’s degree.
1 Gulf University, further recognizes the following qualifications for appointment of Lecturer:
– ability to create and maintain effective work relationships with staff.
– experienced in developing teaching curriculum and managing quality enhancement in higher education environment.
– excellent communicators with solid interpersonal skills.
– holds distinct record in research and scholarly activities at higher educational institutes.
– Fluent proficiency in the English language.
4.3 An eagerness to employ modern educational techniques and technology in teaching.
Nomination and Appointment:
5.2 Lecturer appointment shall be approved by HEC.
Terms of Employment:
The term of employment of the Lecturer shall be one year renewable upon performance evaluation and mutual agreement.
Lecturer shall not reveal any confidential information related to Gulf University unless authorized by the University President/Council. Assistant Professor shall sign the ‘Confidentiality Statement’ when appointed.
– Application Form.
– Copy of earned credential (BSc, Master).
– Current Curriculum Vitae.
– Cover letter.
– Teaching, learning, and research philosophy.
Ability to commute/relocate:
To apply for this job please visit BH.bebee.com.