Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist.
Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The office manager provides administration support for the Bahrain office, this role is responsible for ensuring the administration functions are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
The role requires strong collaboration and connectivity with various teams including but not limited to HR, Finance, IT and all Bahrain based colleagues.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Bahrain office and assist the General Manager and event teams as necessary.
Key Performance Indicators
- Assisting Senior Management Team with requests.
- To insure getting the proper events & office licenses & permissions in a timely manner.
- Ensuring office emergencies and maintenance requests are responded to and resolved in a timely manner.
- Supervision of the reception.
- Maintaining administrative records for all official company documentation.
- Maintaining records and compiling information for reporting purposes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the preparation of meeting rooms, refreshments for meetings and events as requested by the Senior Management team.
- Monitor all the office supplies ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained;
- Support and supervise the Receptionist and Office Assistants ensuring continuous cover during office hours and that all visitors and callers to the company are dealt with professionally
- Take ownership for the business and suggest improvements.
Administration & Document Control
- Support the business in drafting letters in Arabic & English languages.
- Manage, maintain and update the administration filing system;
- Compile and track information for reporting purposes
- Provide administrative support as and when required for one off short term projects as dictated by senior management (e.g. annual events) liaising with relevant parties as required;
- Coordinate travel arrangements including the processing of visas where required, as requested by senior management.
- Assist with diary management for meetings and travel of senior management
- Administration of the company medical & benefits scheme
- Administration & tracking of employee residency visas and work permits
- Processing of invoices and contracts when needed by show teams
- Assisting the organisation’s HR and finance functions by keeping personnel records up to date, arranging interviews and updating financial documents
Compliance & Business Continuity
- Coordinate, track and maintain official company documentation (e.g. POA, Trade License, PO Boxes etc.) and ensure compliance with local requirements at all times.Other
- Support office wide initiatives such as Sustainability, Walk the World etc.
- Continually update knowledge and skills through professional development activities.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with this role.
Minimum Education Level
- High school/college diploma
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 Years’ experience in administration, preferably with an international company.
- Ability to perform basic clerical work involving judgement, accuracy and speed with mínimal supervision
- Speaks and writes clearly and fluently in English and Arabic to both individuals and groups
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook
- Able to prioritise work tasks, deadlines and use scheduling tools
- Interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Self motivated.