The role involves working on projects associated with Infrastructures and Sanitary projects
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all facets of Pre-contract quantity surveying including cost planning & cost estimates, quantity take-off, preparation of bills of quantities based on CESMM, POM(I) or other bespoke format as per project specifications & drawings, Engineer’s estimate and life cycle cost where required.
• Prepare tender documents, respond to bidders’ tender queries and post tender correspondence on contractual and commercial matters, Commercial Evaluation of tenders and report submission.
• Prepare contract documents upon award of tender.
• General post contract administration, Provide guidance and review of Advance payments, interim payments, Statement at Completion, Release of Retention & Final Statement.
• Provide guidance and review of Valuation of variations, agreement of new rates, Issuing the Taking Over Certificates and Defects Liability Certificates.
• Advise on commercial matters & produce necessary documents/reports
• Support site teams to ensure that contractual requirements are complied with.
• Support site teams on contractual matters based on applicable Conditions of Contract.
• Review, evaluate & negotiate cost claims.
• Establish prolongation cost based on approved Extension of Time claims.
• Review of guaranties, bonds and insurances.
• Produce financial reports as required.
• Commercial & Contractual correspondence.
• Review of Contractors Programme of works & other reports.
• Prepare, update & maintain historical commercial data/rates etc. including resourcing quotes/prices from market
• Work in conjunction with peer engineers to overcome project design challenges
• Liaise with other discipline teams and/or teams working remotely from other regions to facilitate completion of project tasks
• Liaise with sub-consultants and sub-contractors to facilitate completion of project tasks
• Ensure timely delivery of assigned works with self-motivation according to the present day demands and requirements of Clients;
• Complete all work in line with Stantec’s Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec’s Quality Systems, Project Quality procedures and Health & Safety procedures.
• Design for safety
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Cordial relationship with all the stakeholders.
• Good level of client service management, i.e. able to interface with clients and build and maintain positive relationships with our clients
• Capable to analyze, assess, evaluate issues, complexities pertaining to projects/work packages and support the team in mitigating them in advance
• Rigorous attention to detail, able to understand and adopt workflows and commitment to professional development
• Flexible attitude to accepting different work assignments and proactive attitude to project execution and delivery
• Experienced with tendering for wet infrastructure projects within GCC, preferably with contractor’s firms.
• Experienced with local and international guidelines/standards/codes and technical specifications for wet infrastructure projects.
• International working experience, e.g. GCC Region (preferred)
• Excellent command in English both written and spoken
• Ability to manage a heavy workload, with close attention to detail
• Ability to make decisions with limited supervision and guidance
• Strong team working capabilities, committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis
• Proactive, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility and ownership
• Punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec’s policies, procedures and work practices
Quantity Surveyor (Bahrain)
• Bachelors in Quantity Surveying or B.sc in Civil Engineering
• 10+ years relevant experience
• MRICS or progressing towards MRICS or other equivalent body/institute or registered with CRPEP, Bahrain (Grade A) desirable.
• Excellent command of English both written and spoken.
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills.
• The ability to work autonomously, self-review of work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives.
• Strong teamwork capabilities. Commitment to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in coordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility on all matters related to work.
• Be of the highest caliber: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to COMPANY’s policies, procedures and working practices.
• A flexible approach to working hours and travel.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Civil Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us
To apply for this job please visit BH.bebee.com.