Job Title Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management
Unit Governance Regulatory and Compliance Department ERM
Division Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Section ERM
Role Purpose To ensure Oman Telecommunications Company’s (Omantel) overall risk position is in line with the company business strategy by developing and implementing risk management policies and processes; to constantly monitor scenarios and key performance indicators; to develop and manage risk mitigation strategies and policies to ensure that the company is protected against risk.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
Key Accountabilities Key Activities
- Risk Identification, Risk Assessment, Risk Monitoring
- Plan risk assessments activities and conduct workshops to collect Risk information.
- Present results of risk assessment to management and highlight key concerns.
- Ensure that risks identified impact the strategy of the organization.
- Ensure proper risk management ownership by VPs and risk focal points.
- Validate that the ERM is functioning in each Unit and that all significant risks are being recognized and effectively managed in a timely manner.
- Ensure Risk Management capabilities are developed and maintained in all Units.
- Provide framework, methodologies, and tools to facilitate the identification, assessment, and management of risks.
- Reviewing performance measures against tolerances and recommending corrective action where appropriate.
- Work and coordinate activities with BCM, HSE and corporate security teams.
2. Formal Reporting
- Prepare the Monthly ERM Report for the Corporate Management Team (CMT)
- Provide information to internal stakeholders Business Units/Functions on ERM reporting procedures.
- Prepare other reports / analysis as required by the department.
- Report updates of ERM to CXOs, VPs, CMT and Audit committee team.
3. Assurance activities
- Gather and prepare reports and information in line with Regulatory requirements and Omantel’s standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with other 2nd line functions to identify enterprise wide risks
4. Collaboration with Internal Audit
- Create and maintain a relationship with Internal audit
- Implement processed whereby risks information is shared between Erm and IA
5. Risk Governance
- Establishing and maintaining risk governance frameworks that align with the organization’s goals and objectives and ensuring that risk management is integrated into the overall governance and decision-making processes.
Knowledge / Technical Skills
- Good knowledge of ISO31000
- Good knowledge of e–enabled performance management tools
- Good knowledge of risk management standards and practices
- Good level of proficiency in IT applications
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 8 years of total experience & at least 3 years in a managerial