Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen.
Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel.
It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey
Sabre’s emea tax team is looking for a talented senior tax accountant (middle east).
The Sabre EMEA tax team is represented at the EMEA Head Office in Richmond, London, UK and at the Middle East Head Office in Manama, Bahrain. The team has responsibility for tax planning and compliance in some 35 countries across the EMEA region.
The team is led by the Tax Director (EMEA and APAC) who reports to the Vice-President of Tax in Southlake, Texas, USA. The team includes the Senior Manager (Indirect Taxes), EMEA Tax Manager and 3 further tax professionals.
A permanent position has arisen for a Senior Tax Accountant (Middle East) to report to the Senior Manager (Indirect Taxes) with a dotted line report to the EMEA Tax Manager.Role and Responsibilities
- Operating the indirect tax compliance process for the Middle East region by supporting and enabling the provision of information to our external advisers (KPMG), reviewing the VAT returns prepared and supporting the submission of those returns.
- Supporting income tax compliance for the Middle East region, liaising with accounting and tax colleagues to provide information to external advisers and review the prepared returns.
- Managing tax payments for Sabre’s Middle East businesses including initiating payment requests.
- Assist with tax audits working with local accountants and tax advisers, dealing with communications and minimizing further queries.
- Support ad hoc projects and returns (including Economic Substance returns, withholding tax and stamp duty) as assigned by the Senior Manager (Indirect Taxes) or EMEA Tax Manager.What will you achieve?
- Delivering tax compliance across the Middle East region through partnering with external tax provider (KPMG).
- Managing tax payments efficiently and obtaining timely refunds
- Develop capabilities with ad hoc tax projects and SAP system upgrades.What’s in it for you? Excellent opportunity to develop tax experience and tax skills in the fast-moving technology industry;
- Satisfaction of supporting delivery of tax compliance for Sabre companies across the Middle East region;
- Working closely with a Big 4 tax compliance provider (KPMG);
- Recognition from accounting colleagues for your tax insight and support;
- Ability to influence automation projects and enhanced reporting as Sabre delivers SAP upgrades.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Must Have Skills:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA), Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) or equivalent.
- 3 or more years dealing with tax compliance and reporting
- Excellent software skills, especially Excel
- Fluent in English, additional languages welcome.
- Can multitask and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines, with attention to detail;
- Can build relationships and trust within the organisation with tax, accounting, legal and business colleagues;
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate tax issues to nontax people;
Nice to Have Skills:
- Big 4 tax experience.
- Experience in Middle East taxes either in practice or inhouse.
- Experience with SAP;
- Experience with tax software such as: Onesource Indirect Tax engine, Onesource Tax Provision.Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn